So at this very moment, my sinuses are jam packed full of mucus which exits out my nose at it's will, like a leaky faucet. I have no voice left, a hacking cough, and my throat burns. Oh the joy of my less than adequate immune system. I swear I caught every bug there is to catch this season. Course it would help if I would stop consuming freakish amounts of sugar.
Yesterday I made a double batch (like 6C worth) of tapioca pudding and throughout the day, by this morning I managed to polish off the entire thing! Not to mention that I ate candy all morning yesterday, had a light lunch and barely touched dinner.Uhg.
Last week I mixed up a cake mix and by the end of the day, between eating the batter and baking a few cupcakes... yep, the whole thing.
I have issues. Seriously. And then I complain when I'm sick every other week and my immune system is about as effective as me trying not to eat sugar.
I did try to stop a couple weeks ago. I even lasted a full week. Let me tell I was not a pleasant person to be around that week. I'm pretty sure I smashed a few villages and ate the heads off some dogs and small children. And that was just day 1...
I'm sure I'll give it another try. Maybe I should check into Cirque Lodge over there in Orem and do it all celebrity style with overpaid professionals to hold my hand and my luggage while I complain about how no one gets how complicated my relationship with ice cream is. Then sit around with Kirsten Dunst, Lindsay Lohan and MaryKate Olsen holding hands and singing kumbaya around the campfire with marshmallows, and smores and roasted twinkies on a stick, and those little gummie candies that taste like peaches, oh and those chewy chocolate brownies that on the inside are full of-oh wait what were we talking about?
Just for fun here's a short video of a cake fight from Jen's Birthday in 2004.
Tuesday, March 11, 2008
I have issues
Posted by Christina at 12:32 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
ha ha! i'll join you at the cirque! it's really hard isn't it, to cut sugar out? i've taken to closet sugar consumption... making hardy lentil soup and then sutffing my face with chocolate.
Dude, my body is freaking out about sugar as well- I need a cleanse SO bad.. Only not the lemon one I tried before.. it was not so bueno..
I love Your blog!!! I put your blog on my blog hope you dont care.
Post a Comment