So since the baby is in breach, we went to a specialist yesterday to see if they could literally push him into the birth position. Since there is a risk that this procedure could cause distress to the baby they make you fast and put you on an IV, all the necessary preparations for an emergency C-section, just in case.
Well I was just a little freaked out since people were telling me, it's awful and painful and dangerous, you could permanently damage your uterus and not be able to get pregnant again. All kinds of things. But I had gotten a blessing from Ivan and in the blessing he said, trust the Drs and and be patient with discomfort.
So I discussed the risks with the Dr, who said, it won't damage me, they won't push harder than I let them and they will be watching the baby's heart rate very closely so that if they see any sign of distress they would stop and if necessary remove him with emergency C section. So I said okay, lets try it.
The Dr. told me I have a high pain tolerance because she pushed the hardest she dared, but it didn't really hurt most of the time. It got a little uncomfortable once or twice but most of the time it felt kind of good like a stomach massage :)
Well, he's not really in my pelvis at all so she was able to move him relatively easily, but every time she got him halfway there his hear rate would lower, an indication that the cord was getting tangled or pinched or something was in the way. So three tries and we were done. No flippy for us : (
I was just so relieved not to have a c-section that day (I have so much to do this week!) that I wasn't too terribly disappointed.
Plan B; schedule a C-section in couple weeks and in the meantime do some Yoga, think positive thoughts and hope for the best!
Thursday, August 6, 2009
External Version
Posted by Christina at 11:48 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
happy hopeful thoughts coming your way!
Aww, I hope everything goes ok!
We will keep you in our prayers!
Post a Comment